Welcome!
In less than three weeks, we will be leaving Canada and flying to Christchurch, New Zealand where we will be picking up bikes and hitting the open road.
Neither of us have bike toured before, nor have we been to New Zealand, so we are in for a steep learning curve and hopefully lots of adventure.
We plan to peddle ourselves around the North and South Islands, camping or couch surfing and making our own meals from what we find on the side of the road...okay, maybe not.
I am predicting sore butts, cranky quads and tight hamstrings for the first bit, but from what I've been told, the scenery alone makes up for it.
My pump will be coming along for the ride too. In fact, it will be making this trip possible for me as a Type 1 insulin dependant diabetic. I am eager to see how far I can push myself with a constant glucose monitor and looking forward to finding answers to questions like
How many diabetes supplies fit in a pannier?
How do I keep insulin cold on a bike for 3 months?
How much will I need to reduce my basal for a tough slog up a mountain?
There is lots to do before we go....
1 comment:
Wow! Looks great already Chloe. I am looking forward to following your trip online.
love,
em
Post a Comment