Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Map Attempt #2

Rob here...I know this is a diabetes blog, but my recent blogs have had ZERO diabootie content...This is due to the fact that I have selected myself to be in charge of 'cool things' on/for the blog and I will let Chlo do the important diabetes writing! So...


I know this map looks a little overwhelming, but keep in mind I am in the early stages of Blogmapping.

Each blue bubble is a city/town/place/lake/ditch we camped at.

If only I had figured out how to do this before, I could have been posting a map of our daily progress. Alas, I know how to do it now. So stay tuned.



*Note - As we have cycled along, we have come to places where we have decided to take a "fast forward" due to our lack of time. Because of this, you will notice big gaps from Fox Glacier to Wanaka and Te Anau to Dunedin.


Enjoy the maps. Stayed tuned because I am starting to getting addicted to posting cool things on the blog. Chloe is now regretting giving me the blog password. Too bad!


I am going to start adding a section to the blog...It will be named???


Funny things that Chloe has NOT told you

Here is the first instalment.

Chloe has successfully kicked her bike twice. Let me explain.

The first kick occurred after she was forced to walk the final 15 metres of a long and hard climb on the dirt road leaving Queenstown. Her front tire slipped out on the loose gravel and she was forced to get off and walk. Upon reaching the summit, she quietly leaned her bike against a sign post and with little warning, swung around and gave her rear panniers a swift, well directed and aggression releasing boot.

The second kick occured following her knee scrapping, finger skinning "biff" on the flat country road. Immediately after she whipped her bike off the road and swung it onto the grass she gave her rear pannier a little love boot. I am not sure if this kick was a release of anger or if it was a reaction caused by the massive amount of adrenalin that pumped through her body as a result of the "biffing". Regardless, I thought both of these incidents were funny. I did not dare laugh out loud, but inside I was having a good chuckle.


Stayed turned for more "Funny Things.." in the blogs to come.




1 comment:

auntie & unkie said...

you'd better keep those 'chuckles' inside or she may kick you in the pannier. ouch!
The Leafs beat the Flyers in OT tonight.