Wednesday, March 12, 2008

not so sweet scones

I don't know what made me think of this but...
I FORGOT to list the sugar in the ingredients list of the "I'd rather be baking than biking oat scones" from two weeks ago. (I just scrolled back and checked)

I never put the full amount of sugar that is called for into any recipe. Normally I reduce it to less than half the amount called for and no one even notices the difference, diabetic or not!

I actually don't put sugar in these scones at all...however, the recipe does call for 1 cup of sugar.
Just incase anyone out there is trying to avoid biking and gets the urge to bake.

1 comment:

The Mom said...

I noticed, but with the "I-don't-like-bikin'-in-no-rain-Orange-Honey-Butter" on top, I didn't think the sugar would be missed!

Except that they probably taste a lot better after you HAVE been bikin' in the rain IN New Zealand!!