While driving up the East Coast we past through Blenheim...a fruit picking capital here in NZ, as well as the home of Annie's factory.
Annie is a woman who makes her own organic fruit bars...well, she probably doesn't anymore, but she started out with one wee dehydrater and her business has since blossomed.
Now you're thinking, what was all the fuss about Fruit Soure bars when there actually was an alternative here in NZ?
Let me explain. I had seen these 'Annies' bars a few times, (although they are not everwhere) but as with all things 'organic' they had an 'organic' price tag attached...over $2 per bar in most places!!
I was going to have to find an organic money tree if I was going to support my fruit bar eating habit here in NZ.
Here's where I lucked out. At the Annies factory, they sell off cut bars in large 1kg bags for a mere fraction of the price.
That's me with 2kg of fruit bars! Yippeeeee!
Unfortunately, the factory is the only place you can get the off cuts...and after the kayak trip I have eaten 1kg already (with the help of Rob and Liz who just can't resist the deliciousness).
But more good news came by email yesterday.
My good friend Kathleen who is meeting us in Australia in a week has already packed a box of the old faithful Fruit Source. Yipppee again!
Fruit bars for all!
No comments:
Post a Comment