Tuesday, February 19, 2008

CONNECTING at last!

Pumpers unite!
Yesterday, after much deliberation, we decided to pitch our tent at a campground on the edge of town (Wanaka). I suppose there was a reason we did.
As we were setting up our tent, a fellow Swiss cycle tourer came over to say HI.
I immediately saw his eyes scan to my hip but it took about a minute before he said..."hey, I know what this is, my girlfriend has it too".

We instantly had lots to talk about!

Apparently, his girlfriend wants to cycle tour with him in Europe, but has never done it before. She is unsure of her diabetes, the pump, how to keep insulin cool, how to carry all her supplies, etc, etc, etc. Basically, she is very active, does a lot of mountaineering, but has never cycled toured and has lots of questions. He told me that it is very hard to find information on things like this in Switzerland.

NO KIDDING! AH HA! So this is the case internationally! Good to know!

WELL! DID I HAVE A BLOG for her!
CONNECTING IN MOTION at it's finest. THIS is what I am talking about.
Unfortunately, our Swiss friend was cycling in the opposite direction of us and we likely won't see him again, but I gave him the blog and told him to keep in touch. I hope he does.


2 comments:

The Eliminators said...

Good luck.....happy birthday...happy cycling.

Uncle Jamie

aunt chris said...

Great work Chloe!! If you ever thought of stopping this blog that encounter should keep you motivated to continue!
It will only be a matter of time before you have a following!
Oh and say Hi to Rob for me!
Love Aunt Chris