Luckily, it hasn't been all that hot here. In fact, we have had A LOT of rain. Rain like we have never seen or heard or felt before. Instant soaker kind of rain. This is me doing my 'sun dance'. But that's besides the point.
Although some nights we have been free camping, we have spent a number of nights camping outside of hostels (or staying IN hostels if it's doing the downpour thing). When this is the case, there is always a fridge availible (with actual refridgeration, unlike Fiji) for the insulin to sleep in at night. 
During the day, I keep it all in a Frio pouch, which is like a soakable bean bag that turns to gel and is supposed to keep things cool for a few hours, in a backpack, underneath a few things on the back of my bike.
This system seems to be working so far, but when we start getting weeks upon weeks of those relentless, hot, sunny, cloud-free, dry days, I don't know what I am going to do.
Luckily, there are none of these weeks in the forseeable forecast.
During the day, I keep it all in a Frio pouch, which is like a soakable bean bag that turns to gel and is supposed to keep things cool for a few hours, in a backpack, underneath a few things on the back of my bike.
This system seems to be working so far, but when we start getting weeks upon weeks of those relentless, hot, sunny, cloud-free, dry days, I don't know what I am going to do.
Luckily, there are none of these weeks in the forseeable forecast.
This is us camping in the pouring rain...INSIDE a change room at a government campsite..some may call it cheating, others called it resourcefull. The older couples in the camper vans parked outside thought the later.
"We used to cycle tour" they said, "but now we're too old".
I think what they meant was...there is no way in &%#$ that we are going to sleep in a concrete cell in the rain when we can lounge in a camper van and drink wine. We are too smart for that.
Anyways, moral of the story, no fridge in the changeroom.
"We used to cycle tour" they said, "but now we're too old".
I think what they meant was...there is no way in &%#$ that we are going to sleep in a concrete cell in the rain when we can lounge in a camper van and drink wine. We are too smart for that.
Anyways, moral of the story, no fridge in the changeroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment