I guess my last entry, Lowest of the Low, followed by 3 days of non-contact, made both Mom and Dad a wee bit worried.
It's okay...I'M OKAY!!
I just tested and I am actually 16.3 right now...high high high, not low at all!!
I was just kidding about the 500kg bag of sugar. Yeesh!
And anyways, we are never that far from food...this place's motto was "you kill it, we grill it" and I don't think they were kidding.
Speaking of eating wierd and wonderful things...we met a Dutch couple where we were camping last night (man, I love the Dutch) who had just 'wrangled' an EEL and were BBQing it up on a hibatchi out the back of their truck. I say 'wrangle' because the thing literally jumped out of the water at them while they were washing their dishes in the lake (first no-no) and he caught it with this bare hands. They had video of it. They insisted that we stay and have a bite...they couldn't finish the whole eel themselves! So we did. I've never had eel before, but it was pretty good. I don't even know if NZ eels are all right to eat...but we feel fine today.
(Please don't comment or send me any emails about the dangers of eating unknown eels...I makes me queezy to even think about it now and I would rather just forget about it...toxic, nutritious or not!)
And no....we didn't eat at the road kill cafe.
No comments:
Post a Comment