That light feeling had started to set in, followed by the shakiness, then that tingly thing I get sometimes. We were so close to the town too...so close to having lunch, but I just couldn't stretch it out any longer. I had no juice mixed up, it was only 20km, a short, hour-long ride.
I had to do it.
I dug to the botom of my backpack.
For the past month it has been there, stashed beneath the Purell and in the back of my mind...the final, last, lonely, well-worn, squished and warm Fruit Source bar. Waiting.
I had to do it.
I dug to the botom of my backpack.
For the past month it has been there, stashed beneath the Purell and in the back of my mind...the final, last, lonely, well-worn, squished and warm Fruit Source bar. Waiting.
I had been saving it, conserving it, holding onto it for the perfect moment. At the summit of a huge hike maybe, or on top of a pass after a gruelling climb, something dramatic, something that made it all worth it...it wasn't supposed to be like this. This wasn't how I'd pictured it.
But my options were limited, it was time.
I ATE MY LAST FRUIT SOURCE BAR.
1 comment:
Chloe- I called Sun Rype today to see if they had a distributer in NZ and you already know the answer- no. Their is a place in Marlbourgh that makes fruit leathers- ANNIES. I am waiting to hear if they are available anywhere else in NZ.
love Jay
Post a Comment