Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lowest of the low

My body is still trying to figure out this whole biking thing.
We are riding about 4 hours a day right now and I am finding that my insulin requirements have been dropping dramatically.
During our rides, I have been reducing my basal rate (or constant flow of insulin) to 40% of what it normally would be. I am also only taking about half of the amount of insulin I normally would to cover my pre and during ride meals.

My Fruit Source bar stash is dismally low and I have been searching for a replacement source.

I found this in Greymouth the other night and thought that it might just do the trick...unfortunately, Rob said he couldn't make room in his panniers.

2 comments:

Rich and Col said...

Hey guys, really glad everything's going well. I apologize for not putting you through "tyre changing drill" while you were here, but .... too much food to eat, wine to drink,vegetables to harvest ... and so little time! In fact, I only had my first puncture on Sunday, and had to A. phone Col to come and pick me up, and B. phone Bundy to come round to assist! Pathetic, eh?

(love the cows!)

keep well - Rich & Col

Sara said...

CHLOE! STEP AWAY FROM THE SUGAR!

:P